Cook won the Tongyeong World Cup in Korea on October 22, posting the fastest swim and run splits of the day. In September, Cook won her first WTS event in Edmonton with the fastest run of the event. Cook backed her Edmonton performance up with a second place finish in the Salinas World Cup with the second fastest run split. So far, she has won 4 races in 2016, with one race remaining on her calendar.
Of her most recent victory Cook remarked, “I’m thrilled to take my third ITU win of the season. I’ve taken many steps forward as an athlete this season and it’s been wonderful to see those steps reflected in my results. I’m looking forward to continuing to build upon those steps in my final race of the season in Miyazaki, Japan before resetting and refocusing for 2017.”
Cook was a standout varsity swimmer and runner at Villanova prior to entering the USAT Collegiate Recruitment program and becoming a professional triathlete in March of 2014.
Rudy von Berg, the USA Triathlon Collegiate National Champion (2014 and 2015) and American U23 Champion (2015), finished his race season with a 2nd place finish at IRONMAN 70.3 Miami. He closed with a 1:12 run split for the second race in a row, and at just 23 years of age, he is expected to be highly competitive in the seasons to come.
“I’m very happy to finish the season with another strong 70.3 finish after my 6th place in August at the IRONMAN 70.3 European Championships among one of the strongest fields of the year,” said von Berg. “My bike power is developing, and paired with a fast run that is becoming more consistent, I expect to be a very strong contender in 2017.”
While von Berg’s season is a wrap, the remaining professional triathletes managed by fortyninegroup will race this upcoming weekend:
- Timothy O’Donnell, Lauren Goss, Joe Maloy: Island House Invitational Triathlon
- Justin Metzler and Drew Scott: IRONMAN 70.3 Los Cabos
- Jeanni Seymour: IRONMAN 70.3 Austin
- Summer Cook: ITU World Triathlon Series Miyazaki, Japan
For sponsorship and racing opportunities with the fortyninegroup athletes, contact John Jones at email@example.com.
More on the fortyninegroup athletes:
- Rudy von Berg: www.rudyvonberg.com || Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Summer Cook: www.summercooktri.com|| Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Lauren Goss: www.laurengoss.com || Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Joe Maloy: www.joetriathlon.com|| Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Justin Metzler: www.justinmetzlertriathlete.com || Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Timothy O’Donnell: www.timothyodonnell.com || Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Drew Scott: www.drewscottracing.com|| Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
- Jeanni Seymour: www.jeanniseymourtriathlete.com || Facebook || Twitter || Instagram
About fortyninegroup, LLC
fortyninegroup, LLC specializes in strategic business development, sponsorship and social media marketing for clients in endurance sports and media. fortyninegroup’s portfolio of clients includes event, athlete, equipment, accessory, multisport coaching, media, technology and registration companies. For more information about fortyninegroup, visit the company’s website.
DELRAY BEACH, FL – October 25, 2016 – Summer Cook is closing out her race season with tremendous momentum, with two wins and a second-place finish in her three most recent starts on the ITU circuit.