Set Up Events News Release:
SET UP EVENTS ANNOUNCES ITS 2013 TRIATHLON SCHEDULE
Registration For Set Up Events’ Biggest Season Ever Opens November 12, 2012
WILMINGTON, NC – November 9, 2012 – Set Up Events, one of the nation’s largest triathlon production companies, today announced its 2013 triathlon season schedule. Additionally, registration for the 2013 events will open November 12, 2012. Competitors may view the events and register at SetUpEvents.com Set Up Events produces and manages over 140 triathlons, running and obstacle events throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
“Set Up Events continues to experience unprecedented growth, both in the number of races and competitors. With the exciting new events we’ve added to our 2013 schedule, and knowing many of the races fill up quickly, this is a great time for our participants to start planning their 2013 season,” said Andrew Silbereisen, President of Set Up Events. “Given the diversity in distances and types of events we offer, and the broad region covered, there are great events for triathletes, crossfit, and endurance enthusiasts of all levels.”
Set Up Events offers six different series with individual events counting towards overall series standings. Each series has its own standout events.
The AAA Car Care North Carolina Triathlon Series (AAA-NCTS) is the largest and longest running triathlon series in the United States. Events in this series take place from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the beautiful ocean beaches of North Carolina, and from the urban settings of Charlotte and Raleigh to serene natural venues such as White Lake.
Including the Azalea Sprint Triathlon, Triangle Triathlon and YMCA Triathlon at Wrightsville Beach, the AAA-NCTS hosts several iconic events that have been around for more than a decade and consistently sell out. Other major events in this series include:
- White Lake Half Iron Distance Triathlon – White Lake, NC 4/6/13
- White Lake Double Sprint Triathlon – White Lake, NC 5/5/13
- Carolina Half Iron Distance – Charlotte, NC 9/29/13
- TryCharleston Half & Sprint Triathlons – Mt. Pleasant, SC 4/20/13
- Lake Murray – Prosperity, SC 5/5/13
- Clemson Triathlon – Clemson, SC 5/11/13
The Virginia Triathlon Series (VTS) consists of events throughout the great state of Virginia from the Blue Ridge Mountains to the suburbs of DC to the Tidewater area. Whether it is an early season urban venue or a late season rural event, competitors find that once they race in the VTS, they’re hooked.
- Kinetic Half Iron Distance & Sprint Triathlon – Spotsylvania, VA 5/11 & 5/12/13
- Jamestown International – Williamsburg, VA 6/9/13
- Giant Acorn International & Sprint – Lake Anna, VA 9/28 & 9/29/13
The TrySports Triathlon Series (TTS) offers a variety of race distances and course types well suited for novice all the way to elite athletes, and consistently draws competitors from across the mid-Atlantic and Northeast regions.
- Granite Falls – Rolesville, NC 4/14/13
- Kerr Lake Triathlon – Henderson, NC 6/2/13
- Lake Logan International & Sprint – Canton, NC 8/3 & 8/4/13
- Rock Hall International & Sprint – Rock Hall, MD 6/1 & 6/2/13
- Battle of the Potomac – National Harbor, MD 9/15/13
- Waterman’s Half & Sprint – Indian Head, MD 10/12 &10/13/13
The Georgia Triathlon Series (GTS) has a diverse geography, and triathletes can anticipate races in both flat and fast ocean locations as well as challenging courses associated with the northern hills and lake area.
- LaGrange Sprint – LaGrange, GA 3/23/13
- Early Bird Sprint – Athens, GA 4/7/13
- Trybee Island Sprint – Tybee Island, GA 6/9/13
The Brave Soldier Challenge (BSC) is an obstacle course race series designed to test athletic strength, endurance and agility. The BSC will travel up and down the eastern seaboard in 2013 to various venues and college campuses in major cities, and will attract crossfit, military and fitness enthusiasts from all over.
- Charleston Brave Soldier Challenge – Charleston, SC 2/2/13
- Tampa Brave Soldier Challenge – Tampa, FL 3/2/13
- Tuscaloosa Brave Soldier Challenge – Tuscaloosa, AL 3/16/13
- Set Up Cup – Spring, 2014 – A registration-free championship event for participants who compete in Set Up Cup qualifier events.
- Bone Island Triathlon – Key West, FL Iron/Half Iron Jan 12, 2013. Finishing on world famous Duval Street, this race will be another great destination event for the entire family to enjoy.
- Trek Relays – A Series of overnight relays in the southeast where running is a team sport. Dixie200 – Mar 22 & 23, Palmetto200 – Apr 12 & 13, Colonial200 – Sep 20 & 21, 2013
To review the entire Set Up Events 2013 season schedule, visit www.SetUpEvents.com
Event registration opens on November 12, 2012.
About Set Up Events
Set Up Events, one of the nation’s largest producers of triathlons, is a full-service production, registration and timing company for participatory sports, triathlon and running events. In 2013 Set Up Events will produce over 140 triathlons in 8 states totaling over 64,000 registrations, with halo events including PPD Beach2 Battleship and Bone Island Tri and the Brave Soldier Challenge obstacle series. For more information about Set Up Events, visit www.SetUpEvents.com Participants can also Follow Set Up Events on Twitter (@SetUpEvents) or Like Set Up Events’ facebook page.