Vasa News Release:
VASA TO HOST EXPERT PANEL ON DRY-LAND TRAINING AT THE 2012 ASCA WORLD CLINIC
Distinguished coaches and scientists come together to discuss the secrets of dry-land swim training
ESSEX, VT – August 29, 2012. Vasa, maker of the leading swim training benches used by thousands of elite swimmers and their coaches, will be hosting an expert panel on dry-land training at the 2012 ASCA (American Swimming Coaches Association) World Clinic. Titled “Secrets of Dry-Land Training,” the panel will include six prominent swim coaches and scientists moderated by Vasa CEO and Founder Rob Sleamaker. These experts will discuss swim-specific strength, improving stroke technique, training for injured swimmers and more. The ASCA World Clinic is taking place at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 4-9, 2012, and the panel will occur on Thursday, September 6 at 7:45 a.m. at the Vasa booth (#401 and #403). All ASCA World Clinic badge holders are invited to attend. “This panel discussion is a rare and valuable opportunity for a handful of swimming’s leading coaches and scientists to convene on the latest dry-land training developments,” said Sleamaker. “Vasa is excited and honored to moderate this discussion and present the findings to the swimming world.”
The expert panel will include:
- Richard Shoulberg, head coach for Germantown Academy and former U.S. National Women’s coach and Olympic coach
- Matt Kredich, head swimming coach at the University of Tennessee, 2008 and 2012 SEC Coach of the Year and four-time Ivy League Coach of the Year
- Jack Fabian, Ph.D., head swimming coach at Keene State College, National Development Coach, Greenwood Memorial Swim Club, USA National Team coach and head women’s coach for USA Open Water at World Championships 2011 in China
- Genadijus Sokolovas, Ph.D., director of physiology & director of sport science for USA Swimming from 2000 – 2008 and developer of innovative testing programs for USA Swimming Olympic and National Team Members
- Andrei Vorontsov, Ph.D., head coach of the Russian National Swimming Team and associate professor at the Russian State Central University of Physical Education
- Gary Hall, Sr., M.D., Three-time Olympian and World Swimmer of the Year (1969,1970), member of the International Swimming Hall of Fame, practicing physician and coach and co-founder of The Race Club
For those unable to attend the panel, Vasa will be recording the event and posting it to their YouTube page. The video will be available for viewing by Friday, September 7 and can be found at www.youtube.com/user/vasatrainer.
In addition to hosting the panel, Vasa will be exhibiting its swim-specific training machines, the Vasa Trainer and Vasa Ergometer, at booths #401 and #403 throughout the duration of the show. Attendees can stop by the booths to learn more about these top training tools and even enter for the chance to win a Vasa Trainer.
For more information about Vasa, please visit www.vasatrainer.com.
Since 1988, Vasa’s mission has been to design and build premium quality training tools for sports, fitness and rehabilitation. Whether the focus is recreational, advanced, or for the professional athlete, coach, trainer or physical therapist, Vasa’s products provide exceptional performance results, durability and value. Longtime favorites of Olympic swimmers, triathletes and their coaches, Vasa’s chief products are the Vasa Trainer and Vasa Ergometer. The Vasa Trainer is a versatile strength-training machine that strengthens muscles for swimmers, surfers, paddlers, skiers, triathletes and in total-body fitness applications. The Vasa Ergometer is the ultimate on-land swimming simulator, equipped with a power meter that provides superior training results by building power and increasing endurance. Vasa’s products are guaranteed to improve performance and provide a lifetime of effective and trouble-free service. For more information about Vasa, please visit www.vasatrainer.com.